Thanks to Ajoobacats Blog for nominating me for this award. I really appreciate it. It took a while to get to this, but I’ve finally managed to take time off from procrastinating. Meh.
The Award Rules
Thank the person who nominated you!
Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
Ask the nominees 11 questions
Ajoobacats Blog’s Questions
1. Have you ever belonged to a book club? What was it called?
I have not but I want to. People in my area don’t read much. I’m pretty active on Goodreads and belong to several groups. Maybe those count as book clubs?
2. If a friend, who doesn’t read much asked you for a book recommendation right now, which book would you recommend?
My answer for this won’t change for a while. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. That book was amazing and practically changed my life. I’ve been reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and it comes pretty close.
3. What’s your favourite film franchise?
Oh…I don’t watch movies much so I don’t really have any favourites. But I like Marvel movies. I guess off the top of my hat, I’ll have to say Iron Man…with Iron Man 3 being my most liked – although the ending of that movie killed me. Like how?
4. Which literary stereotype bugs you the most?
I don’t know why it doesn’t bother me when it’s the guy being affected (I’m still trying to figure this out), but when a girl meets a boy and her whole world changes. Everything revolves around him. I can’t stand that. It’s like: ‘Woman, you were fine before you met him, and you’ll be fine after. Get a hold of yourself!’
5. Which book are you currently reading?
I’m reading about 11 books but I’m focusing on All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I’d heard it was good but I’m really loving it. I’m also reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, great writing, loving the story but I need to pace it. My imagination is too wild for that book.
6. What’s your favourite horror thriller?
I don’t like horror. Thriller, I don’t mind. I don’t read it often either…I mostly stick to fantasy and Dystopian/YA. I imagine I’d like the Hannibal Lecter series when I finally start it. That’s a psychological thriller.
7. Name the most heinous literary villain you have ever read.
Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I haven’t read Fairest, so even if they pull a Maleficent, I’ll still despise her.
8. Name a book you have read and enjoyed that was translated from another language into English?
Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier. It was originally published in German I think. Loved the entire trilogy. I’m planning on watching the movies even though I won’t understand a word.
9. What’s your favourite period in history?
For someone who hates conflict, I really like reading about the WWII era. It wasn’t a great time but it affected everyone and some stories I read are true, some are versions of the truth. I don’t know why, but most of the time if I see a WWII novel and I like the synopsis, I’ll buy it.
10. If you were to write a book, which genre would you write?
I do write actually. Irony strikes again. I hate romance books but I write stories that are filled with such cliche romance it’s funny almost. I don’t tag them as romance though, I tag them as Drama/Fiction.
11. Have you ever been to a book signing? If yes, which author?
No, I haven’t. It’s a sad fact really. Brandon Sanderson was in a town near me and I wanted to go until I remembered that I’ve never read a book by him nor do I own any.
My 11 Nominees.
- Through the Wardrobe
- Can’t Stop Reading
- From Narnia to Neverland
- Books & Tea
- The Reading Shelf
- A Dance with Books
- Read and Reviewed
- By Hook Or By Book
- Books & Cleverness
- Dat Little Blog
- If you could choose one place to read in/at and you can only change it once every five years (bookstore, home-bed, sofa, etc, a park, beach…you get the drill), what would it be?
- Preferred reading snack?
- What was it that made you love your favourite book?
- A quote that stuck with you, not necessarily your favourite.
- Dream book destination. (Perceive this how you will)?
- Favourite subject?
- Do you like poetry?
- How do you typically mark your page? (bookmark, piece of paper…etc.)
- Do you think you own enough books?
- Favourite series?
- Would you say you’re addicted to books?