I wasn’t tagged in this but it’s Harry Potter so it practically called out to me and begged me to do it.
A BOOK YOU FOUND INTERESTING BUT WOULD LIKE TO REWRITE:
Great concept and premise but not a good execution.
A FIRST BOOK IN A SERIES THAT GOT YOU HOOKED:
I started this book then immediately marathoned the entire series including TID. This series got me hooked on Cassie Clare’s writing too.
A BOOK YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE RIGHT NOW:
I need this book right now! I can’t wait till November. Also, I can’t buy Lady Midnight till I have this book (book buying ban) but I’m really excited. Simon is my favourite TMI character!
A KILLER BOOK:
I can’t remember a killer book right now. Oh well, I’ll go with The Hannibal Lecter books by Thomas Harris
A BOOK YOU FOUND CONFUSING:
Any poem book actually. I don’t understand poems.
YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL BOOK:
Come on! When this book came out I thought it was going to be one of this books that tells you how a Fangirl is supposed to be, but not exactly showing how we really are. This book basically got it right though. Just waiting for that TV Show Fangirl book to come out…we know it’s going to happen.
A DARK, TWISTED BOOK:
This was more ‘twisted’ than ‘dark’ for me. It was frightening though. This is the stuff that messes with your head.
A BOOK THAT SURPRISED YOU IN A GREAT WAY, REVEALS TO BE MORE THAN IT IS:
I knew what genre this book was listed under but as I was reading, I literally forgot so I was pleasantly surprised. Still one of my favourite books to this day.
I wasn’t actually tagged to do this but I saw Amanda’s over at My Books Opinion Site post and I just had to do it.
1. AN OVER-HYPED BOOK:
Situation: You’re in a store when the zombie apocalypse hits. The military informs everyone that over-hyped books are the zombies only weakness. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you disliked do you start chucking at the zombies?
It took me quite a while to finish this book and I agree with the reviews that it’s a weird book but it was too weird, and that’s saying a lot because I pride myself on being weird. I couldn’t wait for this book to end and I’m surprised I didn’t DNF it.
2. A SEQUEL:
Situation: torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?
I didn’t enjoy Never Fade and I skim read a lot of this book. I managed to make it through The Darkest Minds and I didn’t hate that one but this book made me abandon the trilogy altogether. I know there’s only one book left but I don’t want to read that book especially with how much I couldn’t stand this one.
3. A CLASSIC:
Situation: You’re in English class and your professor raves about a Classic that “transcends time”. If given the opportunity to travel back in time, which Classic would you try to stop from ever publishing?
I’d probably receive a lot of hate for this but the first 80% of The Great Gatsby was boring for me. People talk about how it’s such an amazing book and it’s of the few classics that I actually understand without needing summaries so I’m not saying I disliked it because I couldn’t understand. I just don’t see what’s so special about it.
4. A LEAST FAVORITE BOOK:
Situation: apparently global warming = suddenly frozen wasteland. Your only hope of survival for warmth is to burn a book. Which book will you not regret lighting?
I don’t mind John Green’s writing. I’ve read TFIOS 3 times already and my opinion hasn’t changed, I love that book but Paper Towns doesn’t come close. There are so many things that I can’t stand about this book that it makes me mad to think about. I never watched the movie, I don’t plan to ever watch it. I just can’t with this book.
Those are my choices and thoughts for this tag. I’m glad I did this tag. It’s always good to know what books are taking up unwanted space on my shelves.
The Paper Ship
Tiff the book nerd
Chelsea’s Book Blog
Of course, you don’t have to do this tag and apologies if you’ve already done it. 🙂
Thanks for reading
I totally forgot to do this and I was thinking about lists which lead to think about things I still had to do and then I started wondering what I was going to do about my non-existent future. Fun thoughts, really.
I was kind of, sort of, unofficially/officially tagged by Eunice over @Nerdy Talks Book Blog (see her post here) to do this adventurous tag. I say adventurous because I struggle with facts about myself. But CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Let’s do this!
- My favourite genre is Fantasy
- Lately I’ve been preferring ebooks to the hardcopies. I don’t know why. Although I do like the fact that I’m free to read in the dark. The lights kind of hurts my eyes.
- I own 263 physical books. I NEED MORE! I NEED IT LIKE THE AIR I BREATHE!
- I love bookstores but I don’t go to them often. Seeing so many books that I can’t buy immediately, makes me sad.
- I like unpredictable books. Actually, I prefer it. No really, if a book is predictable, that just ruins it for me. Why would I want to read a book when I know how it ends and I’m not even at the ending yet?
- I get nervous when I review books. I’ve only been doing this for about a year I think and every time I think that my review is not good enough or I could’ve added more.
- Comic Books are great, but the pictures distract me so I take forever to finish them.
- I’m not overly fond of Classics. The only classic that I could stand to re-read is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The others just bore me.
- I have a love/hate relationship with WWII books. As in, I hate the situations but I love reading about it/the era. I don’t know. My gran and I talk about it, and she was just born as the war was ending so she doesn’t know but we discuss it sometimes.
- I can read pretty fast but my short attention span stops me from finishing whole books in a day.
- I used to belong to a library but I haven’t stepped foot in one in 9 years. I’m pretty sure I have a hefty fine to pay for unreturned books.
- My bookshelf is not a bookshelf but in fact a display cabinet. It was either that for a good price, or giving out a lot of money for more than one bookshelf. Be Wise, Economise!
- I’m not a fan of studying or school in general but books are my education. I learn so much from them. Most of the time I sound smart because I’m quoting off books.
- My favourite series is The Mortal Instruments but I enjoyed The Infernal Devices a lot more.
- While we’re on that topic, my favourite character in TMI is Simon. Simon forever!
- My favourite author changes a lot. It depends on the books I read and the feelings I get while reading them. Currently, it’s Marissa Meyer.
- I don’t like romance books. I don’t mind a love interest here and there but if the entire book focuses on how the guy/girl can’t get the girl/guy and there’s sappy-ness and eye-rolling nonsense on every page then I’ll probably put the book down.
- Buying books makes me feel better. Retail Therapy works for most people yea.
- I have a major love/hate relationship with vampire books. I love them but I hate them too.
- Let me just admit this: I’m addicted to books. Is it an obsession? Possibly.
- If my house was on fire I wouldn’t move because my books! The question here is: would I die for my books? Ha Ha hahaha, yes, yes I see myself being that insane.
- ‘I have work to do’ means ‘I’ve got books to finish/review’ in my world.
- I don’t push books onto people. If they don’t want to read the book, I’ll leave them alone. If they don’t read at all, that’s their thing. I try going through life not judging.
- I have rules and conditions on lending books: 1. Only to people I deem worthy. 2. Don’t crack the spine. 3. No dog ears. 4. Don’t bend the cover. Basically, I don’t lend out books. I do not believe that book needs to look like it’s been read. I want them to look nice and in good shapes.
- Books are everything to me. My passion, my collection is my pride. When I pack, the first thing I think of is what books am I going to read while I’m away.
Tag yourselves people. Do this and let’s see what things you come up with. I’d love to read your posts so tag me if you decide to do it. 🙂